What is The Maker Space?
The Maker Space at the Farmington Library is a place where community members can gather to collaborate, create, learn and invent in a safe space using tools and technologies that they may not otherwise have access to. Check out the Maker Space Blog for the latest news! The blog also features our new “Sarah Tries” series, where Sarah tries out different equipment. If she can do it, so can you!
Who can use it?
Anyone with a library card in good standing in our system.
Is it free?
Mostly, however there is a small materials fee for the 3D printers – the exact amount depends upon the size of the job itself.
How can I use it?
Call the Adult Information desk at 860- 673-6791 x200, or email us at flref(at)farmingtonlibraries[dot]org to make an appointment to learn how to use some of the equipment listed below.
You will be required to fill out one of the following waivers before using the equipment:
- Maker Space Adult Liability Waiver
- Maker Space Minor Liability Waiver
- Maker Space Family Liability Waiver
You can also visit our Maker Space Blog to find out what public programs or classes are taking place!
What type of equipment/software is in the space?
This list is subject to updates.
- LulzBot Taz 6 3D printer, Ultimaker 2 3D printer and MakerBot 5th Gen 3D printer
- Sense V2 3D scanner
- Final Cut Pro – video editing software
- Adobe Creative Suite – includes Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and InDesign
- TEAC CD Recorder with Cassette and Turntable – for digitizing outdated audio materials
- Toshiba DVD/VHS Recorder – for digitizing old VHS
- Espon Perfection V800 photo scanner
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery machine
- LittleBits Library
- AccuCut GrandeMARK 2 Die-Cutting machine
- Silhouette Cameo
We Need Volunteers!
Click here for the Maker Space Volunteer application
COMING WINTER 2018: The Studio
The Studio will be an experiential and media production lab. Here is just a sampling of what you will be able to do in The Studio:
- Record a podcast
- Use the green screen to transport yourself
- Explore the human body with zSpace
- Experience virtual reality with the Oculus Rift
Join us in for the Grand Opening on Monday, January 29th, 6-8 PM! All ages welcome. Please register.
If you have any questions, please contact Information Services via phone at 860-673-6791 x200 or email at flref(at)farmingtonlibraries[dot]org.