Resource Spotlight: Biblioboard
Biblioboard Digital Library
Farmington Local History Anthologies These anthologies were created by Library staff to enable the Farmington community as well as researchers to access digital content scanned straight from the Library’s local history room.
THE FARMINGTON ROOM:
A GOOD HOME FOR TOWN MATERIALS AND MEMORABILIA
The Farmington Room is the library’s local history and genealogy collection. Included in the collection are histories of Farmington and other area towns (particularly our daughter towns), genealogies of major Farmington families, and some town archives.
Some of the collection’s strengths include:
• Farmington architecture
• The Farmington Canal
• 19th Century Selectman’s Records, especially material regarding the Town Farm, roads and bridges, and Civil War bounty payments
• Amistad letters (copies of the originals held in Louisiana)
• Farmington High School yearbooks from 1923 to the present
To request information about the Farmington Room’s collections, please contact the library.
By Phone: (860) 673-6791
By E-mail: email@example.com
By Mail: The Farmington Libraries
Attn: Information Services
6 Monteith Drive
Farmington, CT 06032
Please supply a mailing address when requesting photocopies or extensive information. Genealogical queries are best handled by email or letter. Please note that extensive reference and genealogical queries are subject to a $25 per hour fee. Please call or email in advance when planning a trip to visit the Farmington Room.
Farmington Room Use Policy
1. Farmington Room Hours: Please call the Information Services Department at 860-673-6791 for availability.
2. The Farmington Room is to be locked with doors closed at all times, even when in use.
3. Staff are to walk the patron back and open the door for all patrons, including volunteers.
4. Staff are to check IDs and have all persons sign in the visitor log with address and phone.
5. One item at a time may be signed out to a study room. The item must be retrieved and returned to the Farmington Room by a staff member. The patron’s name, title of the work, date, time, and ID number should be recorded in the log next to the visitor log.