Featured New ResourceS
Thousands of Professional Tutorials on Lynda.com. Topics include, Microsoft Office Suite, 3D Printing and Design, Digital Photo Editing, Computer Coding and Programming Languages and much more!
Questions? Email the Information Services department at email@example.com, visit us in-person at the Main Library or call us at 860-673-6791.
- SELF-e Self-Publishing
Self-publish now with SELF-e! SELF-e lets you share your e-book with libraries throughout Connecticut in the “Indie Connecticut” collection. You can use SELF-e in conjunction with other venues for e-book self-publishing such as Amazon. All Indie Connecticut SELF-e accepted works are also eligible for special contests and for inclusion in the Library Journal curated, best-of-the-best “SELF-e Select” collection.
In order to publish, your work needs to be in PDF format. Ask the librarians at the Adult Information desk if you need help with the format. For an informational video about the SELF-e program, click here. To read more about the SELF-e program or to publish your work now, check out SELF-e here.
Interested in reading local author’s works? To read submissions from local indie authors all over CT, check out Indie CT.
- Ancestry.com Library EditionONLY AVAILABLE FROM WITHIN THE LIBRARYResearch your family history. With access to vital, military, immigration and census records you will be able to start uncovering your family’s story.
- AtoZdatabases“AtoZdatabases is the Premier Job Search, Reference & Mailing List Database including 30 million business profiles & 220 million residents. Ideal for sales leads mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!”(AtoZDatabases.com, 2013) Download the mobile App from your device’s app store to get phone numbers and much more on the go.
- BiblioBoard “BiblioBoard® is the PatronsFirst™ mobile library. Here you will find digital collections of books, images, articles, audio and video from leading publishers and archives around the world. These materials are curated by subject and accessible from anywhere.The platform is accessible using modern web browsers, iPad®, Kindle Fire HD®, Nexus tablets® and Galaxy Tab® (4.0+).”(BiblioLabs, 2014)”To login to BiblioBoard – Click “Sign Up Now” at the top of the screen and follow the instructions”
- Encyclopedia BritannicaYou’ll need your library card number in order to login to the database.
- Heritage QuestONLY AVAILABLE FROM WITHIN THE LIBRARYA genealogy research database.
- Historic Hartford Courant
- JobNow!“Live, anytime, anywhere job assistance, including up-to-date nation-wide and local job search engines, professional resume critique and proven interview techniques. Experience personalized career center seamlessly integrated with advanced virtual technology to help job seekers of diverse backgrounds and needs.”(Brainfuse, 2013)
- Mango Languages“Mango is an online language-learning system that can help you learn languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian and more.”(Mango Languages, 2013) Download the mobile app from your device’s app store to learn a language on the go!
- MorningstarThe Morningstar Investment Research Center Online
- Novelist PlusDiscover read-alikes for your favorite book, series, author or audiobook narrator. Find out what book comes next in a series. Create lists of books you have read or want to read. Keep up with the latest in new releases and award lists. Print or download discussion questions for book groups. Available to anyone from within the Main Library or Barney Library and to Farmington Library card holders from anywhere anytime. Simply login using your library card number to find your next read!
- Public resources provided by The Connecticut State Library and the Farmington LibrariesIncludes: resources for students, e-reference books, newspapers, magazine and journal articles, health and science resources, genealogy resources and much more…