The Friends of the Farmington Libraries is a supportive group which as approximately 700 members with a working committee of 35-40. Membership is open to anyone. The annual fee is $15 for an individual and $20 for a family. Sustaining and Patron memberships are also available for a larger donation.
Interested in becoming a Friend? Click here.
70th Anniversary Celebration
Saturday, December 10, 2016
2:00 – 4:00 PM
Celebrate 70 years of the Friends of the Farmington Libraries!
We are very happy to receive your donations! Without your generosity, we would not be able to raise as much money as we (Friends) do at our yearly book sales & BOOK NOOK which benefit the many library programs we all enjoy.
We especially like to receive the following:
* Materials & books about Farmington & New England
* Recent bestsellers for adults and children
* All ages children’s books, hardcover and paperback
* Clean copies of classics, poetry, literature & foreign language
* Non-fiction books on science, business, parenting, self-help, history, politics, religion, travel, etc.
* Cookbooks & gardening books
* “Coffee Table” or other special interest books (antiques, collectibles, art, etc.)
* CD’s, DVD’s, books on CD
We do not need:
* Books in poor condition
* Readers Digest condensed books
* Dated information such as travel guides, business books & computer books & programs prior to 2008
* LP’s (records), VHS tapes, cassettes & books on audio cassette
If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please ask at the circulation desk.
Others helpful suggestions:
If possible, please limit your donations to one or two boxes or bags at a time. Donations may be brought to the circulation desks at the Barney Library or main Farmington Library throughout the year.
Don’t forget to “shop” our BOOK NOOK throughout the year!
Email the Friends of The Library