The Friends of the Farmington Libraries is a supportive group which as approximately 700 members with a working committee of 35-40. Membership is open to anyone. The annual fee is $15 for an individual and $20 for a family. Sustaining and Patron memberships are also available for a larger donation.
Interested in becoming a Friend? Click here.
Read our latest newsletter here.
Fall Book Sale
November 17 & 18, 2017
The Friends of the Farmington Libraries are excited to announce their upcoming Fall Book Sale! It is one big event over 2 days that will include both ‘Nearly New’ adult books and a children’s sale.
The sale will begin Friday, November 17 with an exclusive preview from 9:15am-10am for $10. The sale is free on Friday from 10am-5pm and Saturday, November 18 from 9am-3pm. This sale features a wonderful collection of like-new books suitable for holiday gift giving. Included will be books on history, politics, biographies, gourmet cookbooks, science and nature, sports, art, as well as contemporary and classical fiction, gift books, CDs, DVDs & puzzles. Also there will be 1000’s of children’s books for all ages, infant to teen, fiction and non-fiction.
Come and stock up with great ‘winter reads’ and holiday gifts. We especially welcome parents and teachers to resupply and update their home and school libraries! (Teachers will receive a 20% discount on books & materials for their classrooms with their school ID.)
Children accompanied by an adult may choose one paperback book free of charge.
Saturday will feature a clearance sale from 2:00 – 3:00 PM.
Purchases may be made by cash, check or charge.
We are very grateful for your donations! Without your generosity, we would not be able to raise
money as we (Friends) do at our yearly book sales & BOOK NOOK, which benefit the many
library programs we all enjoy.
Based on our experience with donations, we do have to impose some guidelines as to age and
condition of the books. We can no longer take old books, especially those that have been
basement/garage or attic stored and those books where dates are important to their content. All
donated books need to be CLEAN, not torn or tattered or written in.
As you collect books for donation, consider these rules:
• No adult hardcover fiction books before 2012
• No travel guides, finance, medical/health/diet books before 2012
• No computer books, ‘IDIOTS’ & ‘DUMMIES’ books before 2014
• No audiocassettes or VHS tapes
• No magazines, encyclopedias or Reader’s Digest books
• No large sets of books before 2010 except for classics
We especially like to receive the following:
• Materials & books about Farmington & New England
• Large print books
• Recent bestsellers for adults and children
• All ages children’s books, hardcover and paperback
• Clean copies of classics, poetry, literature & foreign language
• Non-fiction books on science, business, parenting, self-help, history, politics, religion, travel, etc.
• Cookbooks & gardening books
• “Coffee Table” or other special interest books (antiques, collectibles, art, etc.)
• CD’s, DVD’s, books on CD
• Unique vintage books that are clean and intact
If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please ask at the circulation desk.
Others helpful suggestions:
If possible, please limit your donations to one or two boxes or bags at a time. Donations may be brought to the circulation desks at the Barney Library or main Farmington Library throughout the year.
Don’t forget to “shop” our BOOK NOOK throughout the year!
Email the Friends of The Library