The Friends of the Farmington Libraries is a supportive group which as approximately 700 members with a working committee of 35-40. Membership is open to anyone. The annual fee is $15 for an individual and $20 for a family. Sustaining and Patron memberships are also available for a larger donation.
Interested in becoming a Friend? Click here.
Read our latest newsletter here.
Spring Book Sale
April 5 -7, 2018
Community Room, Main Library
This year’s Annual Spring Book Sale promises to be our best ever!
Thursday, April 5 – 9:15 – 11:00 AM (Preview Sale, $10), 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM (Free)
Friday, April 6 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 7 – 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, 3:00 – 5:00 PM (Bag Sale*)
As always, books are carefully sorted into categories including health & wellness, cookbooks, gardening, crafts & hobbies, history & politics, business, arts & entertainment, spirituality, children’s books (for all ages, fiction & non-fiction), adult fiction (hard covers & paperbacks), biography, literature (poetry, classics, essays), humor, travel, foreign language, large print, games & puzzles, Americana, sports, nature, audio books, CD’s, DVD’s and our very special ‘Collector’s Corner’.
Most books and AV materials are priced from $.50 – $3, some higher. Books in the ‘Collector’s Corner’ are individually priced. Payment is by check, cash or charge.
*Our book sale will conclude with a bag sale on Saturday, April 7 from 3-5. The charge is $6 per bag, which we will supply! This is a terrific opportunity to stock up for summer reading for the entire family.
For more information, please call the Farmington Library at 860-673-6791.
We are very grateful for your donations! Without your generosity, we would not be able to raise
money as we (Friends) do at our yearly book sales & BOOK NOOK, which benefit the many
library programs we all enjoy.
Based on our experience with donations, we do have to impose some guidelines as to age and
condition of the books. We can no longer take old books, especially those that have been
basement/garage or attic stored and those books where dates are important to their content. All
donated books need to be CLEAN, not torn or tattered or written in.
As you collect books for donation, consider these rules:
• No adult hardcover fiction books before 2012
• No travel guides, finance, medical/health/diet books before 2012
• No computer books, ‘IDIOTS’ & ‘DUMMIES’ books before 2014
• No audiocassettes or VHS tapes
• No magazines, encyclopedias or Reader’s Digest books
• No large sets of books before 2010 except for classics
We especially like to receive the following:
• Materials & books about Farmington & New England
• Large print books
• Recent bestsellers for adults and children
• All ages children’s books, hardcover and paperback
• Clean copies of classics, poetry, literature & foreign language
• Non-fiction books on science, business, parenting, self-help, history, politics, religion, travel, etc.
• Cookbooks & gardening books
• “Coffee Table” or other special interest books (antiques, collectibles, art, etc.)
• CD’s, DVD’s, books on CD
• Unique vintage books that are clean and intact
If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please ask at the circulation desk.
Others helpful suggestions:
If possible, please limit your donations to one or two boxes or bags at a time. Donations may be brought to the circulation desks at the Barney Library or main Farmington Library throughout the year.
Don’t forget to “shop” our BOOK NOOK throughout the year!
Email the Friends of The Library