The Staff and Trustees of the Farmington Libraries are pleased to announce the start of curbside pickup service starting Thursday, May 28. Here’s how it will work:
- You must have a valid library card that is registered with our computer system.
- Orders are limited to items owned by the Farmington Libraries. Items from other libraries are unavailable. No more than 10 items per order can be requested.
- Curbside service will be available at both the main library and the Barney branch. However, you will not be able to request and pick up items that belong to Barney at the main library, and vice versa. Curbside service at the main library will be available from 9:30 AM until 2 PM Monday through Friday. It will be closed on Saturdays. Barney Library curbside service will be available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Barney will be closed on Fridays.
- Orders can be placed by either email or phone. Staff is available to answer calls from 9:30 am- 2 pm, Monday-Friday. To place an order for adult materials via email send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders for children’s materials placed via email should be addressed to email@example.com. Orders for materials available from Barney Library should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include your name, library card number and a contact phone number. To place an order by phone please dial (860) 673-6791 (Main Library) or (860) 752-2427 (Barney Library)
- You can search our catalog by visiting https://catalog.farmingtonlibraries.org.
- There will be no same-day pickup available. For instance, if you place a hold on Monday by 2 pm, then you will receive a call or email later in the day informing you of the day and time when your pickup will be available.
- There is no need to call the Library when you are ready to pick up your items. Items will be checked out to you the night before, put in a bag with your last name on it, and placed on a table in front of the library for pick up the next day.
- There will be no staff person available at the pickup table. If you have questions about your order or need assistance, please call the Library from outside. Staff is prohibited from any direct contact with the public.
- Items not picked up within five business days will be checked in and put back into circulation. Patrons would then have to place an order again.
- The book drop at both libraries will reopen on Tuesday, May 26.
As of now, the Library has no set date for reopening our doors to the public. While staff remains eager to see our friends again, there are building and service adjustments to be made, supplies to be obtained, and policies to arrange, before we can serve you safely again. It will be a long time before we can resume hosting programs and meetings or allow patrons to spend extended periods of time working, relaxing, playing or socializing in the building. The personal, face-to-face interactions at which we excel will be at arm’s length for quite some time out of necessity; but our hearts remain open to the community regardless of physical proximity. Check our Facebook page and our website for updates.
Please accept our best wishes for good health and happy reading!