POSTED: January 24, 2020
The Farmington Libraries
Full-Time Facilities Manager
The Farmington Libraries are seeking an experienced, friendly, highly organized individual to join our team as a Facilities Manager. Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the day-to-day cleaning of the Libraries; the planning and coordination of maintenance, preventative maintenance, repair and renovation of Library buildings; and establishing and maintaining relationships with service vendors and contractors as needed. This is a full-time 35 hour/week position, however the Facilities Manager is on-call for building emergencies.
- General management and oversight of the Main Library, Barney Library and their grounds, including performing general maintenance work inside and outside the Libraries as needed.
- Monitors all HVAC, fire suppression, elevator, electrical, plumbing and security systems, and immediately reports any issues to the Executive Director.
- Performs monthly safety inspections and keeps detailed records of all inspections for annual Fire Marshal inspection.
- Coordinates with the Town of Farmington and external service providers to schedule annual safety inspections.
- Assists with the assessment of future demands for maintenance and services.
- Performs all custodial duties at the Libraries, supervises part-time custodial staff, and is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of both buildings.
- Inspects public and staff bathrooms throughout the workday to ensure cleanliness and adequate level of supplies.
- Schedules the annual cleaning of interior and exterior windows, as well as the power-washing of the exterior of the Main Library.
- Maintains inventory of maintenance and custodial supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Keeps an electronic record in Excel of all building related issues; tracking from the onset of the issue to its resolution. Including calls and other interactions with applicable service contractors.
- Configures meeting rooms as needed for library and private events.
- Operates a snow blower, lawn mower, and other small motor equipment as needed.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, regulations and codes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various skilled trades including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and carpentry.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards and correct them or coordinate with a licensed professional to correct them.
- Dependability; ability to work flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and on-call hours as necessary.
- Skill in meeting and dealing tactfully and effectively with the public.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships with vendors, contractors and colleagues.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Highly organized with the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma, plus trades training;
- At least two years’ related experience in facilities maintenance, which includes basic carpentry, electrical, HVAC and plumbing;
- At least one years’ supervisory experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk, crawl, ascend and descend stairs and ladders, reach, grasp, kneel, stoop, squat and bend.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work.
- Driver’s license, and reliable, fully insured transportation.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to Laura Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. The Farmington Libraries are an EOE/AA employer.